St. Vincent Hospital
The second St. Vincent Hospital, completed in 1895, was a huge structure of brick and stone. It fronted on Westover Road (then known as Cornell Street), between Glisan and Irving. The campus doubled in size with the purchase of an additional five acres to the north in 1902. The hospital was remodelled and expanded over the years, with major additions in 1910, 1924, and the 1950s.
(Providence Archives, Seattle, WA. (53) St. Vincent Hospital Collection, 53.A2.2)
Return to article