Application Process and Timeline
The application period for the 2016-2017 Administrative Fellowship program is now closed. Applications for the 2017-2018 program will open in summer of 2016.
Qualifying candidates must have completed an accredited graduate program in health care administration, health services administration, business administration, public health or other related area no earlier than one year prior to the start date of the fellowship.
Providence will consider candidates from graduate programs requiring completion of a one-year residency or fellowship prior to receiving their degree. These candidates must complete the didactic portion of their degree(s) within one academic year of the fellowship start date.
Candidates are asked to complete an online application and submit the additional materials listed below.
Additional Application Materials:
- Cover letter (1 page): Include information relating to relevant health care education and work experience
- Current resume (1-2 pages)
- Description of community service activities in paragraph form (1 page)
- Three letters of recommendation (at least one academic and one professional): These letters should address your ability to look for opportunities, problem solve, manage multiple tasks/responsibilities, develop and maintain relationships, and serve in leadership capacities
- Graduate transcript (1 official or unofficial copy)
Tentative 2017-2018 Administrative Fellowship Timeline
- End of September, 2016: Application deadline – all application materials submitted electronically
- Mid October: Phone interviews of selected candidates
- Late October: On-site interviews of top candidates
- End October: Offer extended
- June/July 2017: Start of fellowship