Integrity & Compliance
Providence Health & Services (Providence) is dedicated to maintaining excellence and integrity in our operations and professional and business conduct. Providence is committed to maintaining the highest ethical standards and complying with all governing laws and regulations not only in the delivery of our health care, insurance and education services, but in our dealings with employees, administrative staff, physicians, agents, members, payers and the communities in which we operate.
Integrity and Compliance Program
The Audit and Compliance Committee of the Board of Directors approved an updated Integrity and Compliance Program Description in 2013. The Integrity and Compliance Program (Program) applies to all Providence ministries. The Program description is a high level summary of steps Providence has implemented to incorporate recommended compliance program guidance from the Department of Health and Human Services Office of the Inspector General. Our Program serves as the foundation for our commitment to an ethical organizational culture and compliance with laws and regulations.
Our Program provides support to our health care, insurance and educational operations through a collaborative partnership with those we serve. This program is intended to provide reasonable assurance that Providence:
- Establishes, monitors, and supports high professional and ethical standards;
- Supports initial and continuing compliance education and training;
- Complies in all material respects with federal, state and local laws and regulations that are applicable in our operations;
- Maintains a mechanism (through the Integrity Line at 888-294-8455) for reporting integrity, compliance or legal concerns;
- Satisfies the conditions of participation in health care programs funded by the federal and state governments;
- Promotes self-monitoring and provides for, in appropriate circumstances, voluntary disclosure of violations of laws and regulations;
- Reviews, investigates, and acts on allegations of violations and misconduct.